Potassium tetrafluoroaluminate D
- Non-corrosive flux Honeywell Potassium Fluoroaluminate (Al-Flux 2805).
- Coarse Honeywell Potassium tetrafluoroaluminate D powder provides improved powder fluidity. It also provides good powder transport and reproducible feeding into the injector, where the powder is dispersed and mixed homogeneously with the carrier gas.
- Excellent braze fillet formation. Absence of anti-caking additives which could affect joint building. Instead the free-flowing properties are achieved by a change in particle morphology, reducing particle cohesivity.
|Typical Physical Properties
||Typical Chemical Properties (Flux)
|Onset of melting (flux)
|Particle size (d50, measured as dry powder)
|Fluidity test (flowmeter funnel)
||Runs under gravity freely through an orifice of 25 mm
- Improves production efficiency because flux output from the injector doesn’t fluctuate and injection rates can be well controlled in a wide range.
- Coarse Honeywell Potassium tetrafluoroaluminate D powder increases profitability and reduced post braze residue because it enables lower flux loading.
Controlled Atmosphere Brazing (CAB).
Method of Application
- Suitable for dry flux applications using thermal spray coating with melt bonding, or coating methods using low temperature particle attraction technologies
- Store in closed container to prevent moisture absorption from air.
- Before use, stir up or fluidize with carrier gas to achieve a stable powder feed into the injector.
- Apply a thin, even coat on the cladded aluminium parts.
- Non-corrosive flux powders are classified as an irritant according to current regulations.
- Observe usual chemical handling precautions.
- Please see Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for additional information.
|Cardboard box with handle and PE inliner
||394 x 327 x 364 mm (LxWxH)